TV advertising made the most increase in the period
In the months from January to October 2021, the German media generated 7.5 percent more gross advertising revenues than a year earlier, as of Nielsen Data released mid-November.
TV advertising made significantly above-average gains, while consumer magazines, direct mail, radio and cinema remained below the previous year’s level.
In 2021 to date, the advertising media recorded by Nielsen have generated a total of EUR 29.65 billion gross with spots, ads, etc., 4.15 billion of which in October.
With EUR 13.91 billion, or a market share of 46.9 percent, television remains the strongest advertising medium, increasing by a hefty 15.3 percent over the same months last year.
Online media and newspapers continued to grow. By contrast, general-interest magazines remained below the previous year’s figures – albeit by only 0.1 percent -.
Table and data:
- October 2021/20 YTD Type of media CSV
- October 2021/20 YTD Industries CSV
- October 2021/20 YTD Big spender CSV
- Advertising market continues to recover, television shows strongest growth, Meedia, DEU
- Statista for more general data on the DEU advertising market