Three Hamburg-based titles lead the Nielsen monthly ranking of the weekly newspapers and magazine titles with the best advertising sales in November 2021:
November 2021: advertising sales ranking of weekly newspapers and magazines.
A caveat is needed here: all the newsstand titles are surpassed by the TV Guide supplement Prisma if you sum up its four regional editions. That reflects the history of the German weekly newspaper and magazines market: TV Guides have always been the best-selling titles.
So, not considering the other leading TV Guide, RTV Plus, other titles with best performances have been Bild am Sonntag with 10.6 million euros, followed by the Burda flagship title Focus with 8.9 million and Bunte with 8.2 million euros.
Year on Year comparison with November 2020.
A look at the relative changes compared to November 2020 shows a diversified picture:
- Glamour benefited from its pre-Christmas shopping week and stood out with an increase of around 151%.
- Two other women’s magazines achieved high growth rates:
- Vogue (+38%)
- Elle (+28%).
- Landlust (genre: countryside) also achieves double-digit growth.
Source: PZ ONLINE NOVEMBER | NIELSEN
Download: PNG | DATA
Die Zeit has double reason to be happy: In addition to the weekly newspaper itself, which has grown by almost 35%, its magazine supplement has recorded a remarkable increase in sales of a good 71%.
Cumulated gross revenues January to November 2021.
Taking the cumulated gross revenues of the first eleven months of 2021, most of the top 30 titles can record an increase over the previous year.
Der Stern magazine is likely to be the best-advertising-revenues title again this year.
Die Zeit is in fifth place and shines – as does its supplement in 25th place – with a double-digit growth rate:
- die Zeit almost 75 million euros gross advertising revenues Jan to Nov 2021, +20% YoY
- die Zeit Magazin, 24,4 million euros gross advertising revenues, +16,8% YoY
- PZ ONLINE – November 2021 data and analysis. (DEU)